Posts Subscribe to Heritage of Wales News Blog Posts      All Comments Subscribe to Heritage of Wales News Blog Posts     Cymraeg

Friday 6 February 2015

My Treasured Book







My treasured book, my own copy which I found in a second hand shop in Cardiff as a teenager, is Wales: An Archaeological Guide by Chris Houlder (Faber and Faber 1974). This gave me a first way into the complete field archaeology of prehistoric and Roman Wales, with photographs, maps, plans and artefacts somehow packed into an A5 format. I used this to explore sites when I first learnt to drive. Invaluable. I met Chris Houlder only once when I first began work at the Royal Commission in the 1990s and had an opportunity to tell him how important I had found this little book.

Dr Toby Driver FSA, Archaeologist, Royal Commission


Subscribe to the Heritage of Wales News and sign up for the full feed RSS, just click this Subscribe to Heritage of Wales News Blog Posts RSS button and subscribe!

Also find us on:
Facebook Twitter Google-plus YouTube Facebook Flickr

Twitter Hashtag: #RCAHMWales

Share this post:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

www.rcahmw.gov.uk
Please comment and let us know your views or your news. Remember that what you write can be read by everyone. RCAHMW reserves the right not to publish offensive or inaccurate material.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails